Sunday, October 9, 2016

Daniel Tiger Birthday Cake

On my little guy's last birthday, he wanted a Daniel Tiger cake. So I took to the interwebs to find some ideas and inspiration. Here's my Daniel Tiger cake pinterest board. As you can see - such cute options! I printed out pictures of the three that I thought I could handle and hung them up in the kitchen. I mulled them over and let my little birthday boy help decide which one we should do. We chose to do this one - mad props and thanks to whoever made this cake!! It is adorable and was super fun to try my hand at recreating. :)

And OH MY GOODNESS it turned out darling!!! This was almost a year ago and I'm still so excited about it. And the birthday boy was LOVED it! Oh and I have to say, it tasted out of this world too! Here is the recipe for the frosting, and I'm pretty sure we just used a yellow cake mix.
Umm, ADORABLE, right?!
 
Here's my little helper modeling with his cake partway through. I kind of liked the simplicity of it with just the yellow and red dots! But this little dude wanted to do as many colors of dots as possible (he helped put the dots on), so we did, and oh my I think it turned out so stinking cute.
The Daniel Tiger figurines were early birthday presents that I bought just for the cake, and the little man was THRILLED! :)
 
He had a fun friend party a few weeks before his birthday, since on his actual birthday we would be in Texas for Thanksgiving. I asked him if he wanted his Daniel Tiger cake at his friend party or family party, and he chose friend party. Here are the party animals! :)
Aren't they the cutest? And I must say, that cake is pretty cute too! I wonder the little dude will want for his cake this year...can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment