Monday, September 19, 2016

The Cutest Little Cupcake Toppers You Ever Did See

Last spring I signed up to make a few treats for a dessert auction. One of the cakes ended up being an epic fail, but y'all, these cupcakes turned OUT! I was working on a different craft a day or two before the auction, and I was using lace trim, some pom pom trim (I've told y'all about my obsession of all things pom pom trim, so I always have a lot on hand. #obsessed) and of course my hot glue gun. All the sudden the inspiration for these darling little mini toppers just hit me. After I made the first one I just wanted to make a million more! Here they are on display at the dessert auction.
Look at these little darlings all in a row! :) This is before I hot glued the toothpicks on.
Here is one while being made...basically I cut the little strips of trim and if I was layering any I would hot glue them together with tiny dots of glue on each end. Then I hot glued the toothpicks to the back.
I mean, right? I love them.
Here's the cake I made for the auction that was NOT an epic fail. Mmmm, you can never go wrong with yellow cake and chocolate frosting!! :) Also, Jared has been trying his hand at candy making lately, and those are his little blue creations next to the cake. #hesadorable #thosecandiestasteddelish

So these cupcakes on their sweet little stands with their adorable little banners on top...precious, right?! I am still dying over how cute these turned out.
I am now looking for excuses to make these...maybe for my daughter's birthday party?? Months away...lol. I'll have to invent some kind of event to make these for before then! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment