Monday, September 1, 2014

Halloween Costume Flashbacks

Ahh, fall is finally here! The four of us had such a fun Labor Day today filled with tons of fun family stuff. It was a great day. I always love it when Jared stays home from work! Those are the best days. :) We went to a parade with our friends, a carnival, another carnival, watched some Studio C, a Cosby episode, had tons of delicious food, and it was pretty much a perfect day. Tomorrow, out come the fall decorations! I'm so excited. And this has me especially pumped up for our Halloween costumes this year.

Jared and I have always loved dressing up for Halloween! It all started back when we were dating, and has continued every year. We already know what we're going to dress up as this year and I've got Little Man's costume already in the works...I'm so excited! :) How about a walk down costume memory lane?
 
Dating. I went as a hippie and Jared went as Steve Urkel. Pretty hot right? :) It was fun.
Newlyweds. This time Jared was the hippie, and I was a witch. These costumes came from my amazing friend Linda, who let us borrow them. Loved them!
 A Very Pregnant Halloween. :) We couldn't think of what to be until the last minute, but finally Jared decided to be a domino and I saw the cute idea to be bubblegum on the bottom of a shoe, from one of my favorite blogs Crystal B.. Her daughter Claire whipped up that costume is no time flat. I loved the idea!
Baby's First Halloween! We went with a family theme - so fun! Little Man was the football, Jared was the football player and I was the referee. I think this might be my favorite of all our Halloween costumes, so I had to add a bunch from that year. :)
 I  made a pretty ridiculous ref, but it was fun!
This next year we kept the family themed costumes rolling on! Little Man was Mickey Mouse, Jared was Goofy, and I was Minnie. (At the last minute I couldn't find ears for my costume! But I know I have a pic somewhere of me wearing the little man's mouse ears...)
I love how Jared's Goofy costume turned out!
 Cutest little Mickey Mouse I have EVER seen! :)
And last year, I could not think of an awesome family theme for us where Little Sister's costume would make her clearly look like the cute baby girl she was. I didn't want anyone wondering if she was a boy or a girl. So we each did our own thing costume wise. Baby was a strawberry, Little Man was Rex the Dinosaur, I was a witch once again and Jared was a super creepy dude. Seriously, no one at our ward's trunk-or-treat recognized him and I think some of them were keeping a close eye on the creepy dude at the party. :)
I am seriously so excited for Halloween this year!! I've got a lot of work to do to get our costumes together, but it's fun to do DIY costumes and dress up together as a family. Little Man decided on what our costumes would be months ago, and I've been thinking about it ever since. Can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment