Thursday, April 3, 2014

Sisal Rope Bucket (Inspired by Censational Girl)

After seeing this post on Censational Girl, I knew I had to make the same kind of sisal rope bucket! It's so darling. And from her tutorial, it looked like a doable DIY craft for an excited but not always spot-on crafter like me. ;)

Here we have my finished sisal rope bucket. LOVE! It isn't perfect or near as amazing as the inspiration, but I am quite happy with it. :)
Below is the bucket I started with. After scouring a few different stores, I finally found this perfect bucket at Hobby Lobby. It was something like $7, but then I used a 40% coupon, of course! :) I also got the sisal rope at Hobby Lobby with one of those sweet coupons.
 
  When I'd finally collected all of my supplies, I got out my trusty hot glue gun and a whole lot of glue sticks and got to work. And now my cute little bucket sits on our kitchen counter holding the apples that otherwise would have been in their ugly plastic container or bag, cluttering up the counter. This is so much better. :)
 And say hello to my new, gorgeous bowl from Hobby Lobby. I've had my eye on it for years probably. I finally picked it up one day when there was a 50% off sale on it. :) Now the bananas have a proper home as well. And even though the styles of the blue bowl and sisal bucket are worlds apart,  counter space is limited. So they are together and I don't mind at all. :)
 And sitting in the middle is one of my favorite clocks, probably the first I bought after we were married. I found this one at T.J.Maxx. I'll have to do a little clock tour sometime. I love to collect them!
 Another shout-out to Censational Girl for the awesome tutorial and inspiration! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment